1. Xie HB, Zhao ZK. “Biofuel production with ionic liquids” in Production of biofuels and chemicals with ionic liquids. Eds. Fang Z, Smith JRL, Qi X; Published by Springer Netherlands, 2014, pp 171–193.
2. Xie HB, Liu WJ, Beadham I. and Gathergood N. “Biorefinery with Ionic Liquids” in The Role of Green Chemistry in Biomass Processing and Conversion. Eds. Xie HB and Gathergood N., Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2013, pp 75–133.
4. Hu CM, Zhao ZK. “Biorefinery with microbes” in The Role of Green Chemistry in Biomass Processing and Conversion. Eds. Xie HB, Gathergood N; Published by Wiley John & Sons. 2012, pp 293–311.
5. Xie HB, Liu WJ, Zhao ZK. “Lignocellulose pretreatment by ionic liquids: A promising start point for bio-energy production” in Biomass conversion: The interface of biotechnology, chemistry and materials science. Eds. Baskar C, Baskar S and Dhillon RS, Published by Springer, Heidelberg. 2012, pp 123–144.
6. Xie HB, Zhao ZK. “Selective breakdown of (ligno)cellulose in ionic liquids” in Ionic Liquids: Applications and Perspectives. Ed. Kokorin A; Published by InTech. Rijeka, Croatia. 2011, pp 61–80.